Church Insurance Information
Places of worship are pillars of their communities and open their doors to countless people every day. However, they are not for-profit businesses. They must protect their property and financial assets as effectively as possible. Various insurance options will provide the critical assistance that they need.
Churches throughout Oklahoma and Kansas trust Eitzen Agency with all their insurance needs. We can help leaders of congregations both big and small determine the policy options that are best for them. We’re also committed to helping you find the policy that is most affordable, so don’t hesitate to trust us to find the perfect solutions for your security needs.
Common Church Insurance Questions
What Does Church Insurance Cover?
Problems can occur in places of worship at any time. These might be lawsuits, property damage, loss of possessions or other serious events. Any of these accidents might be costly, and since your church’s financial reserves are often limited, this coverage can prove instrumental in helping you cover the costs of these accidents. Therefore, your congregation can go on despite a temporary setback.
Yes, churches need many of the same insurance policies as a business. Like businesses, they can save money by asking their agent for multiple quotes. Talk with your agent about which insurance companies may best meet the insurance needs of your church.
What Type of Insurance Does a Church Need?
Churches are a lot like other businesses, so many of their insurance policies will look a lot like the average business insurance plan. However, your benefits can include customized plans to address unique liabilities.
Your agent may recommend that you meet a church’s insurance needs with these policies:
· Property insurance helps pay to repair or rebuild a church after a covered incident like a storm or fire. Your agent can help you understand how purchasing the right property insurance policy can help you get enough coverage to restore your building to its previous condition if necessary.
· Workers’ compensation insurance helps cover medical costs after a work-related injury or illness. All businesses must carry workers’ compensation insurance for their full-time and part-time employees in Oklahoma. Each state sets rules about workers’ compensation insurance.
· General liability insurance helps pay for a church’s legal liability if someone is injured on the property. It may also provide coverage for third-party liability claims of property damage, advertising injury and personal injury.
· Commercial auto insurance helps cover a church’s liability for third-party property damage or injuries due to a car accident.
Your agent may also recommend the following policies, depending on your church’s situation:
· Foreign travel insurance helps pay medical costs if a church member, mission trip participant or church employee is injured or becomes seriously ill while participating in a church-sponsored trip.
· Employee practices liability insurance helps pay costs related to a lawsuit if a part-time or full-time employee sues the church for wrongful termination, discrimination or harassment.
· Cyber liability insurance can help pay for the church’s liability after a data breach. Many smaller churches do not have an IT department to help mitigate damage after a cyber attack or data breach.
Of course, you will also likely need other benefits, such as:
· Directors & Officers Insurance
· Educators Legal Liability Insurance
· Umbrella Liability Insurance
· Mass Casualty/Shooting Insurance
· Security Team Liability
Additionally, you might also offer your employees group health, life and other wellness benefits. Our agents will help you determine which of these plans are best for both your workforce’s needs.
How Much Does Church Insurance Cost?
There are multiple factors that can influence and individual congregation’s church insurance premiums. However, we fully understand that all of our clients want to get the plans that are optimized to offer them both the best benefits and the best costs.
That’s why we’re committed to working with you to research and compare the plans that are in your organization’s best interest. Our network of carrier partners offers customizable but affordable plan options that are easily maintained through the years.